~ Welcome to our Little Vintage Camper Blog…

We bought our Camper/Trailer on Saturday, April 2, 2011

It’s been slow going…but now 4 (now 5) years later, I’m happy to say we are in FULL BLOWN REBUILD MODE!

Won’t you come along and see how we do it.

I hope more than anything…we get to camp soon!

Oh yes, and leave a comment, and let me know you visited…. I love to read them and will answer each one!

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Dinette Rebuild Part 2–Do Over

 

The July 4th weekend we built dinette seats.  This weekend we REBUILT THEM!

camper pics baby pics Lun birth announcement 076

I think I’ve already mentioned…WE’VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE!!!!

Sometimes, you just have to step back and say… DO OVER. That’s what we did with the dinette.   For the front end of the camper—there is supposed to be a dinette otherwise known as a BOOTH with a table in between the seats.  The table will drop down; and the  booth  and table becomes the whole bed. 

Sounds simple, right? 

Building it is a different story. Especially, with my very little skill (learning curve) and my Hubby with his stroke effected brain!

The seats are wider now and will accommodate seat and back cushions… and the expanse of space between them isn’t the gaping chasm is was before!

LESSON LEARNED. Winking smile 

Be sure and check back in a few days, I’ll show you the kitchen counter, upper cabinets and the funky sink in it’s place… so you can get the real vision!

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your comments; please leave me one before you go-- so I'll know you've been here for a visit.
And please, DO COME BACK!