~ Welcome to our Little Vintage Camper Blog…

We bought our Camper/Trailer on Saturday, April 2, 2011

It’s been slow going…but now 4 (now 5) years later, I’m happy to say we are in FULL BLOWN REBUILD MODE!

Won’t you come along and see how we do it.

I hope more than anything…we get to camp soon!

Oh yes, and leave a comment, and let me know you visited…. I love to read them and will answer each one!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Re-Building with some Salvaged Materials

Last week… we worked on the bed-frame…and the kitchen.  This little hutch is built from salvaged materials. 
lil camper that could
The Lil’ Camper that Could has been donated lots of salvage perfect for this project!
Doors:  from my daughter house they re-did their kitchen 3 years ago before moving into their house.
Spindles: I  curb-shopped a demi-lune table a couple of years back.  The table has met it’s purposed and is now part of the camper!#lil camper that could
Wall Panels:  paneling from the daughter’s home, flipped to the wrong side. (to be painted)
More panels:  Some of them weren’t salvageable as a whole… so we have been ripping them down to 2 inch strips for trim! (seen above/below along the seams)
We built an open shelf along the front. Also, installed new plugs and a breaker box… pictured below. 
The white vinyl panels are what we did NOT tear out. My plan is to cover the ceiling in a new vinyl contact paper that is decorative. But first, I washed these down last week… they were pretty grimy!  **See below for the before… very grimy!!! I will cover this after the painting is done.

We are still searching for DATE/ MAKE / MODEL of our Lil’Camper… I was told to check the breaker box.  We did…only found the serial number for the breaker box. Anyway… we were shopping for new breakers and a very knowledgeable older gentlemanly sales clerk told us that our breakers are an after market part now.  …AND VERY PRICEY.  $45!!! hold the phone! 
** an interesting note though, he shared that the breaker and the box that we have was from a company that closed in the early 70's (like 1970 or 1971) That means, my camper is probably a '60s model!   So...we're getting closer! 

Back to the breaker box-- 

We replaced it with a new box, breakers and a couple of new plugs for less than $45 Now… getting hubby’s brother to come wire it… or double check our wiring.
This patchwork wall… is going to be replaced with a solid piece from this pile…
crate wood!  My brother dropped off this load yesterday; and it will be perfect for some of the rebuild that is still left to do!
I’m using lots of salvaged and repurposed materials that are FREE-DOLLARS; however, I have been shopping.
Mostly inside pretties… chocolate, turquoise, some tangerine… It’s going to be pretty!
I can’t wait to start installation on that part!
Don’t forget to follow along with the progress… I post on Instagram from time to time or you can get Lil Camper That Could in your email
Thanks for coming along…
Grace and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your comments; please leave me one before you go-- so I'll know you've been here for a visit.
And please, DO COME BACK!