~ Welcome to our Little Vintage Camper Blog…

We bought our Camper/Trailer on Saturday, April 2, 2011

It’s been slow going…but now 4 (now 5) years later, I’m happy to say we are in FULL BLOWN REBUILD MODE!

Won’t you come along and see how we do it.

I hope more than anything…we get to camp soon!

Oh yes, and leave a comment, and let me know you visited…. I love to read them and will answer each one!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Back Posting some Progress…

These photos are from my Instagram feed and about 1 year ago…

I decided I better get some things posted to show some progress here and let everyone know that we haven’t quit… we are still not officially camping, but we haven’t quit!

Here goes… this is the back wall, you might have seen a few post back that had to be rebuilt and here it is.  I’m happy to say, LEAK-FREE and all trimmed and painted.

1967 Okie trailer

We (meaning Me) decided to put some color inside my camper!  This is the original back cabinet.  The aqua blue… is perfect for inside this all white space. You can also see the bed.  The back piece is two pieces that lift out for inside access if needed to the cargo hold.

1967 Okie trailer

 

Because we’ve NEVER SEEN  what the inside of our camper might have looked like in it’s original state. We looked at other similar trailers and decided to go with a simple shelf over the front dinette and windows. It is great for baskets and storage. 1967 Okie trailer

Our daughter bought this sign for the camper… and gave to The Honey and Me as a ‘CAMPER WARMING’ gift!  She thinks of everything! 

You can see the new glass here.. before we added the rock guard. (also a few posts back, our other daughter and her hubby bought replacement glass for the trailer) 

 1967 Okie trailer

I don’t have very many pictures for some odd reason of the carpet and floor. I know I took some… but here it is.  This roll of carpet if I remember was about $17 (we bought two rolls) and it is made of recycled water bottles.  It looks pretty clean in this picture right after we put it down.  One year later… I’ll admit, I’m questioning this decision!

image

I’ll stop here on this update with everything to this point including the kitchen sink. We had put a funky sink in that I wasn’t crazy about. It took up too much space

 1967 Okie trailer

** I usually close with a plea for information on our camper. If you have any or not and a link to my “Help I.D. our Camper” page.  I have good news! I’ve narrowed it down so much further since I last updated.  I’ll post more on that soon.

Til next time,

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your comments; please leave me one before you go-- so I'll know you've been here for a visit.
And please, DO COME BACK!