~ Welcome to our Little Vintage Camper Blog…

We bought our Camper/Trailer on Saturday, April 2, 2011

It’s been slow going…but now 4 (now 5) years later, I’m happy to say we are in FULL BLOWN REBUILD MODE!

Won’t you come along and see how we do it.

I hope more than anything…we get to camp soon!

Oh yes, and leave a comment, and let me know you visited…. I love to read them and will answer each one!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Good Bones--

Since Saturday we have gotten quite a bit done. I have tons of pictures and trying to sort and organize them into sets suitable for posting! 
I think these pictures were taken on Monday (after 2 days of tear out and planning)
**You can read out the TEAR OUT here.**

This is the front wall and CS wall REBUILD.

 The bottom portion of the wall is built at an angle/slant -- we had to go back that way
1. because it looks cool
2. the outside skin is cut to fit that design
3. It looks cool!

 We had to reframe the window with 2x2's and a 2x4 going across underneath the window --You can see the new corner post --remember it was almost completely rotted away. After nailing the 2x2 and 2x4 together they that to be cut to accommodate the slanted front bottom portion and cut at the top to accommodate the rounded roof.
 this is just another view.  The ply wood on the floor is in the corner is just laying there.
 This is the outside view of the work we did. Underneath the aluminum sheathing that plywood is the full width  which is 48 inches-- It is positioned from the top portion of the window and comes down at a slight curve just below the aluminum and stops.
 This picture shows the small piece of plywood attached to make the angle design on the front of the trailer.

 Close up view of  front fastened plywood pieces.

This is the exterior CS wall where the side window goes. This sits just in front of the door. It hasn't been cut out for the window yet.

 Another view. 
 You can see Honey's hand-- he is cutting out for the window using the saws-all.

This is just a smidgen of the window you can see from the inside ; the framing is and ply wood has been started for the CS window.

We've used mostly new material. I think the plywood around the outside CS window was something we had-- but overall the project has only cost about $150.00 (and that was all gift cards from my birthday party) -Woot-woot!

Thanks for Reading-
Grace and Peace!


  1. That Tin Can is gonna be awesome when youre finished with it. I love that you're sharing your progress with us.

  2. This just looks like something fun to follow, I will keep checking in for your progress,,,,,Good luck!


  3. Wow...This is a HUGE project! I can see it is a ton of work, but it has to be somewhat fun along the way! Can't wait to see how you pull this all together...It will be fabulous!



I really enjoy reading your comments; please leave me one before you go-- so I'll know you've been here for a visit.
And please, DO COME BACK!